Mrs. Galia Albin was born in Haifa, Israel. Mother of four. Grandmother of three. Leading Israeli businesswoman, and a filmmaker. Holds a B.A and M.A in Psychology from Northwestern University USA and a law degree (L.L.B) from Tel Aviv University.
As a natural entrepreneur, she has blazed a path for other women to enter the business world. Her curiosity, intuition and opportunity have led her to use her skills to play a leading role in the social and business worlds. Mrs. Albin is highly involved in Israeli public life, and has been nominated as a Goodwill Ambassador on behalf of the State of Israel. She also served as a Chairperson of Friends of the Tel Aviv Cinematheque; and has been for the past ten years the Chairman of the Israeli National Council for the Child.
Published two books: the bestselling “Love Triumphs” and “Happiness Triumphs”, which was adapted to a movie. Hosted a daily morning show called “The Club”. Produced and directed two short movies- “My Mayim” and “My Cliff”, which received awards in various film festivals worldwide.
In 2008, Mrs. Albin founded LiveHatikva, an initiative that unites and strengthens the bond of the Jewish people through a global media event, aiming to bridge the gap among Jewish individuals, uniting and strengthening their identity through the song of the Jewish people and the anthem of the State of Israel. This initiative received a Guinness World Record (2008).
Mrs. Albin is involved with numerous philanthropic projects in Israel and beyond, including:
- Chairperson: the Zionist Council, for strengthening Jewish-Zionist identity and the bond between Jewish people in Israel and Diaspora, with an emphasis on youth (www.zionist.org.il);
- Chairman: Friends of the National Council for the Child (www.children.org.il);
- Chairperson: Business Forum, Prime Minister’s Advisor on the Status of Women;
- “Jasmine” – An economic forum for Arab and Jewish businesswomen in Israel (www.jasmine.org.il);
- Friend of L.O. Combat Violence against Women (www.no2violence.co.il);
- Board Member: Israel Women’s Network (www.iwn.org.il);
- Founder of the first women’s website in Israel: www.wol.co.il;
- International Judge for the World Women’s Forum (www.womens-forum.com).
- Founder of Live Anthems initiative (www.liveanthems.com);
Mrs. Albin is actively involved in culture and media public life in Israel;
- She hosted a daily morning TV show, “The Club”;
- Published two books – the bestselling “Love Triumphs” and “Happiness Triumphs” – which was adapted to a movie;
- Chairperson of Friends of the Tel Aviv Cinematheque;
- Chairperson: The Michael Albin Foundation for Promoting Scriptwriting;
- C.E.O Almedia Holdings LTD (since 1985) – an investments and entrepreneurship company working in the fields of finance, real estate, technology and communications;
- Member of the board of leading public companies in the fields of industry, finance, commerce, technology and real estate.